Mar 23, 2011

Love your Enemies

Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,  bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. Col 3:12-14

We are given a choice to put compassionate hearts of kindness and humility and patience when we are faced with things in our lives that just flat out have a way of getting on our nerves.  
You ever had a day in which nothing seemed to go right?   
It was just one thing after another and it made you wonder why all that stuff was happening and if God was really on the throne?  
We can allow ourselves to get bitter or we can choose to forgive.   

For if you forgive men their trespasses, your Heavenly Father also will forgive you; but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.  Matt 6:14 

I have had times in my own life where I cried out to God telling him but so in so said this to me and so in so did that to me and He gently reminds me that He cannot forgive me if I will not forgive these people so I end up having to humble myself and forgive and when I do I find the forgiveness and mercy that I need. 

You have heard that it was said, An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.  But I say to you, Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also; and if any one would sue you and take your coat, let him have your cloak as well; and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.  Give to him who begs from you, and do not refuse him who would borrow from you.  You have heard that it was said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy. 
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in Heaven; for He makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.   Matt 5: 38-45

No comments:

Post a Comment