Nov 8, 2014

Hearing the Voice of God

In Acts 22:6-9 it gives Paul's testimony of what happened when he encountered the Lord.  Not only did it affect his vision but it affected his hearing.  The enlightenment of the truth changes the way we perceive things and how we react to what we hear.  John 14:6 Jesus said, " I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."   
“Now it happened, as I journeyed and came near Damascus at about noon, suddenly a great light from heaven shone around me.  And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?’  

So I answered, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said to me, ‘I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting.’  "And those who were with me indeed saw the light and were afraid,but they did not hear the voice of Him who spoke to me.   Faith comes by hearing and Paul heard for the first time what God was speaking to him and He believed by professing "Who are You,Lord?".                                                  Those that were with him saw the light as well but they could not hear the voice because of their lack of faith.
They trembled in fear because of the conviction that was placed upon their very souls.
  Hebrews 12: 25-29  See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven, whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, “Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also the heaven.   
Now this, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. 
 The knowledge of the truth which only Jesus can reveal to you sets you free.  Your eyes see, your ears hear and your heart understands what God is speaking.  
 John 8:36  Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.  Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.  Galatians 5:1 

Hebrews 2:1-4  Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward,  how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him,  God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?  
 
Hebrews 3:7-14 
Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says:  “Today, if you will hear His voice,
  Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness, Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me,  And saw My works forty years.  

Therefore I was angry with that generation,
And said, ‘They always go astray in their heart,  And they have not known My ways.’ So I swore in My wrath,     ‘They shall not enter My rest.’” 


" Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God;  but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.    For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end.   
Numbers 14:21-24  But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord.  Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;  Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto the fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:  but my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went;  and his seed shall possess it. 
                           
 God wants to get us to the point that we will fully surrender to what HE speaks to us that He might bless us with an inheritance.  We can see the fulfillment of every promise when we determine in our heart that we will believe despite what our circumstances are speaking to us.     John 20:29  Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”      We must not allow ourselves to have an EVIL heart of unbelief.  We must believe despite what we see with our natural eyes so we can inherit the promises of God.  

If God is speaking to you today I just want to encourage you to believe that what HE is saying is true and trust HIM.  He is not a man that HE would lie to you.  If you have been slack in your belief then repent and turn to HIM today.  He is faithful and just to forgive you.  Trust in HIM again. 

Rev 22:14  Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 


Rev 1:3
Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment